Friday, March 22, 2013

Epic Adventure: Ray's Indoor MTB Women's Weekend 2013

Last Friday I had the most epic of adventures!  My gal pal Sarah and I left at the crack of dawn to head to Ray's Indoor MTB Park in Milwaukee for Women's Weekend.  There was instruction in all sections of  the park by some extremely talented pro riders.  Did I mention it was FREE!?  How awesome is Ray!?  There were over 200 ladies at this event of all skill levels.  It was absolutely incredible to have the opportunity to ride with so many like-minded gals.  Everywhere you looked someone was challenging themselves to try something new or fine tune their technique.  It is hard to describe the awesomeness of being in such a supportive and empowering environment. 

The Gals and Coaches(I'm 3 rows back in the middle, pink shirt)  |  Photo courtesy of Rays

Pre-ride chat  |  Photo courtesy of DirtRag

Course map of Ray's MKE  |  Photo courtesy of Ray's

Looking into the sport section and the micro-rhythm section.

Conquering a skinny and I don't mean jeans.


Post Chipotle burrito chat at the pump track.

Thanks to Angela Brooks for posting this video!

Did I mention we did a little Harlem Shake in the pump track!?  HAHAHA!  I'm biking in the first part with the pink sleeves!  Epic RIGHT!?!?

Post Harlem Shake cool-down!


So right before the HS I tried the pump track for the first time and HOLY BANANA SPLIT it was love at first ride!!  I seriously can't stop thinking about this!

DirtRagMag did an awesome article on the event!!  Check out what my pal Becky had to say about it!


I most definitely plan to go back next year.  I think I will have enough courage to try the jump tracks and foam pit!  I feel like every time I try and explain how incredible that day was I don't do it justice.  Such a great place to ride, incredible people, and just so much frickin' FUN!

Have a great weekend friends!! 

Love ya bunches!
~Megan

4 comments:

  1. This all looks terrifyingly amazing. You go, Grevas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Ray's CLE back in January. Awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to road trip to CLE! I gotta git me some more pump track!!

      Delete