Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Baby Shower in a BOX!

My best friend from grade school Lindsey recently had a baby. I wasn't able to make the baby shower so my solution...Baby Shower in a box!



Growing up Lindsey and I would go to either of our houses and we would "craft."  We would make alllll sorts of things like friendship bracelets, magnets, doll house furniture, book marks...etc.  It seemed only fitting that I include in the box something hillarious and reminiscent of our childhood.

My idea: try and recreate a doll my mom and I made a long time ago from the book Gifts Kids Can Make by Sheila McGraw.   (The doll in the top left of the book is what it is actually supposed to look like!)  These dolls are made out of pantyhose and poly-fil.
The first doll my mom and I made has given us many laughs over the years.  She was even kind enough to mail it to me in a care package at college!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! Our little "Scare Baby" made from cheap panty hose and no matter how hard we tried the face wasn't precious...just blank and scary. But, I did love her/him/???
    Good Times!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete