Thursday, October 22, 2009

Graffiti

As to be expected when moving into a new house, the last few weeks have been crazy!  Last Friday I finally finished painting the studio/office and unpacked all my artsy fun-ness!  It feels really great to have a space to create! When I'm not busy with yard work and other such housely duties I have been readin' up on graffiti.  I've always been attracted to this style of art.  Graffiti is messy and raw and in your face.  Oh and the colors!!!  Sooo many gloriously gnarly colors! 

Here are a couple of books I've been inspired by lately.

This book is more of a how-to.  Scape provides tons of graphic info on the basics of graffiti while providing tidbits of graffiti history.


This book is just straight-up inspiring.  There is sooooo much great art from all across the world, by women of diverse backgrounds. 


Feel da flow.  Rock wit it.


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you've done to your new abode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that graffiti women book! Its so good :D

    ReplyDelete