Monday, July 12, 2010

Biking to Work

Happy Monday friends!  Hope you had a delightful weekend!  I spent the entire weekend golfing!!  Despite a little bit of rain it was tons of fun and I played pretty well too!  I was even able to keep it in the fairway to win the ladies longest drive contest!  Alas, I'll have to remember to take the camera with me next time.

Last week we had a clutch go bad on one of our vehicles so it had to spend a few days in the shop.  In the mean time I loaned out my auto and decided to bike to work.  I've been thinking about biking to work for a while but when it came to getting up at 5:30am.....I hit the snooze!  I am happy to report that I LOVE biking to work!  It only takes about 15mins to get to work and I have very little traffic to contend with!



On my way to work I cross a major tributary of the Mississippi River.


It was a  bit foggy this morning but still a beautiful sight first thing in the morning!



I get to see all sorts of wildlife...ducks, geese, herons and PELICANS! {Sorry it is a bit hard to see.}


AAAND a fish dangling on a fishing line from a log under the bridge!  WHAT!?


Then to the bike path I go where I see snakes and turtles and moles oh my!

Just a minor obstacle! Ha!

Conclusion I love biking to work!  I have to spend more time getting ready ...packing lunches and snacks, checking the weather, packing clothes and other ditties.  It is worth it!  I am very happy to NOT have to deal with other drivers and road construction! 

I have some super fun projects that I've been working on and can't wait to share them with you!
Enjoy your life!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to be reading these again! I love your thoughts...and your face...and you!

    Cheers friend. We need to meet up soon...especially since I have yet to see your house, your new bling, and your puppy.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thanks Steph!!! I can not wait to see you! Luv ya!!

    ReplyDelete