Thursday, July 1, 2010

Zombie-licious Bags with Sprinkles!

I was scrolling through the photos on another camera I have and BAM!  I completely forgot that I had taken these photos!  SWEET!  So check it...I, (on a whim...per my usual), decided to make these little bags for two nieces that came to town alllll the way from Texas!  Did I mention they drove alllllll the way to the Land-o-Lincoln!?!  Clearly I thought they needed more fun things to do in the car...I mean you can only play car bingo so much right!?

I found the super fun fabric at a local quilt shop and at JoAnn's.


I stuffed the bags with my interpretation of the "essentials" for any auto trip.
Included: Coloring\Activity Book | Crayons | Pencils | Pencil Sharpener (with shavings catcher...duhh) | Goldfish Crackers | Gum

When I was google-ing tote bags for inspiration I came across The Happy Zombie a blog by Monica from Oregon...of all the undead things her blog is by far the coolest!  Monica posted, back in Sept. '09-ish, an AWESOME pdf pattern entitled Poochie Bags - Fat quarter friendly freebie.  Check it out peeps and the rest of her zombie-licious blog for that matter.  Such a fun project to make!!

No bag is complete without CUPCAKES!!

I used some chunks-o-felt to create these scrumptious little monogrammed cakes.  I sewed the ribbon on the back and attached some velcro so they could loop it around whatever they choose.  Til next time...Enjoy You're Life!!

2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me! I'm (attempting) to make a rocket ship poochie bag. Did you make your's without the milkcarton corners?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne~I'm so happy to inspire! I did use the milk carton corners. I thought it would make it easier for them to fit more than just a few books in there. Such a fun project!

    ReplyDelete