Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Corkboard Funness

Welp I finished a fun project that will go up in my studio once I get the right hardware to hang it!  My mom gave this frame, it was something that her parents had.  I believe that there was a mirror in it at one time and, based on the holes in the back and its size it looks like it might have been part of a headboard.  Anywhoooooo...
Before
 
{this is the back...quality wood and construction...looks like it was once orange then cream...and NOW it's...}
After
{BLUE-ish!}
I primed it with white and then added the blue and roughed it up a smidge.  I pieced together some cork squares and covered it with cream colored burlap and viola!
I absolutely adore the texture of the burlap and the colors are delicious!
I'll post up some pics of it up in the studio in a bit.  I'm thinking it shall be my inspiration board....err at least one of them!!

5 comments:

  1. very creative! i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just as you described. Very nice, I knew you would do it justice!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!!! You're too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks AWESOME!!!! That will go perfectly with your studio curtains. What a perfect use for that frame. Now fill that board with stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Wendy!!! I have somefun ideas for that board!!

    ReplyDelete